Help Stop Puppy Mills   |   PetFinder   |   Rabies Challenge Fund   |   Dog Training Software   |   QR Code Dog Tags   |   Dog Breed DNA Testing
Discussions > General Topics > Q & A > May sound like a silly question...but.

May sound like a silly question...but.

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5
Post ReplyActive Topics | New Topic
Author  Topic
sophiesmom
Contact Me
My 6 month old Chipoo, Sophie, likes to chew on feathers [:0]. Usually it is from the Blue Jays that steal the cat food, but she's not prejudice, she will chew on any that she finds. My question is, do you all think this is safe for her[?]

Linda78
Contact Me
Well, Edward will go for the feathers, too. But, he doesn't chew them. I don't know if it's safe for them to chew. Don't birds carry a lot of disease? not sure on that one, i wouldn't let her chew them if possible, just to be safe.
sophiesmom
Contact Me
I take them away from her if I see her in time. It's the disease thing that worries me. I guess I'm gonna have to do a sweep of the yard before she goes out from now on.
Linda78
Contact Me
can you imagine chewing on a feather? Can't see what the appeal is, but I guess to a dog, it's appealing. lol How is that little Sophie doing, anyway?
bman

like linda said im pretty sure birds carroy disease so i wouldnt let her but if you go to the store you can probably find a play bird for your dog, it might be in the cat section but its woth a shot.
sophiesmom
Contact Me
Sophie finds a lot of things appealing that I don't understand! LOL She is doing wonderful. She's a brat but she's my brat and I love her to death. We are desperatly trying to find something to stop the fleas. The vet suggested the pill Capstar but I have really read a lot of negative stuff on little dogs and this medicine, so we have decided against it. They are driving her (and us) crazy. I use the flea comb on her several times a day and she hates it. She has very sensitive skin and no matter how gentle I am, she acts like it hurts. I just don't know what else to do about it. I did buy her a feathery little toy, she still prefers the real thing! Her dad thinks in a previous life she was a hunter because of her need to dig huge holes, her love of feathers and her need to gnaw on his fingers. Needless to say, she has him wrapped around her paw.

Page: 1
About | Contact | Help | Donate | Links
Advertising | Website Design

©2007-2024 designermixes.org
Terms & Conditions | Privacy | Scams

Sites We Love:
PetFinder | Rabies Challenge Fund