Help Stop Puppy Mills   |   PetFinder   |   Rabies Challenge Fund   |   Dog Training Software   |   QR Code Dog Tags   |   Dog Breed DNA Testing
Discussions > Training > Pottytraining/Housetraining > CONFUSED PUPPY THINKS OUTDOORS IS PLAYTIME AND INDOORS IS POTTY TIME

CONFUSED PUPPY THINKS OUTDOORS IS PLAYTIME AND INDOORS IS POTTY TIME

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2
Post ReplyActive Topics | New Topic
Author  Topic
undercoverangel
Contact Me
MY PUPPY WILL "HOLD IT" UNTIL SHE CAN COME INSIDE TO GO ON HER WEE-WEE PAD. SHE IS 10 MONTHS OLD AND I AM AFRAID I WILL NEVER GET HER HOUSEBROKEN. DINKY IS A PEKESHUND. DINKY GETS TO GO OUTDOORS 10X A DAY. SHE ONLY WANTS TO PLAY AND WILL WAIT UNTIL SHE COMES IN TO GO TO THE BATHROOM. SHE DOES NOT LIKE TO BE SEEN WHEN SHE GOES AND ALWAYS WAITS TIL YOU LEAVE THE ROOM TO GO POTTY. AND SHE ALWAYS SEEMS VERY HAPPY SHE HAS LEFT HER "PRESENT". DINKY WILL SCRATCH ON THE DOOR ANYTIME SHE WANTS TO GO OUT BUT WILL NEVER GO POTTY WHILE SHE IS OUTSIDE. THIS STARTED DURING THE WINTER TIME WHEN I BELIEVE SHE REALIZED HOW MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE IT IS TO GO WHILE INDOORS. WE HAVE TAKEN THE USED WEE-WEE PADS OUTSIDE TO ENCOURAGE HER BUT THAT IS NOT WORKING. ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS MATTER WILL BE APPRECIATED.

sophiesmom
Contact Me
Oh goodness, you could be talking about my Sophie. She will be 9 months old the 13th and she does the same thing. We go out and she runs, chases the cat and digs her holes but very seldom will go potty, but as soon as she comes in, she's got to go. I have moved her puppy pads outside too, but she still waits till she gets back inside. I have tried everything so if you come up with anything, please let me know. And welcome.
gingergirl

I have a 7 month old Shihpoo. She was potty trained at 3 months old. What we did when we got her was put chimes on the door where she could reach them. Had newspaper half in the door and half out the door. She would go over to the paper and we would say good girl and do the dance. Now we have a doggie door that leads to the patio and she has a pup potty, which is turf grass she uses when we are not home or when it is raining. Other days she will go out side. First she has to do her duty outside before we play. I tell her hurry hurry and we will play and she looks for her spot. If your dog does it in the house take the poop out to where you want her to poop and leave it there. She should start to go to that area. Make sure you clean the area in the house with a good cleaner or she will keep going to that spot. THIS MAY NOT WORK FOR ALL, BUT IT DOES NOT HURT TO GIVE IT A TRY. MY WORD FOR POTTY WAS ALWAYS THE SAME [i]HURRY HURRY TEE TEE[/i]. THAT WAY WHEN YOU ARE TRAINING HER AND SEE HER START TO TEE OR POOP IN THE HOUSE YOU CAN PICK HER UP AND SAY [i]HURRY HURRY[/i], WHEN OUTSIDE SAY [i]TEE TEE.[/i]

Page: 1
About | Contact | Help | Donate | Links
Advertising | Website Design

©2007-2024 designermixes.org
Terms & Conditions | Privacy | Scams

Sites We Love:
PetFinder | Rabies Challenge Fund