Help Stop Puppy Mills   |   PetFinder   |   Rabies Challenge Fund   |   Dog Training Software   |   QR Code Dog Tags   |   Dog Breed DNA Testing
Discussions > General Topics > General Discussions > New Pitt Bull Puppy - Is it wise?

New Pitt Bull Puppy - Is it wise?

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3
Post ReplyActive Topics | New Topic
Author  Topic
Bentley

Hi I have a male Rottsky. He is 7 months now & I am thinking of getting another dog. I simply love Pitt Bull's, but I am unsure of whether or not the two would get along I also would like anyone who has a Pitt Bull to please advise on the type of animal this is with regard to the personality of the animal, Is it dangerous to have?, will it turn on the owner? Because let's face it Pitt Bulls are very intimidating dogs. Any advice from a Pitt Bull owner will be helpful. Thanks

mamalee
Contact Me
Well... they are very high energy dogs, if they dont get enough exercise ,that means at least once a day a long walk, they will start to get very anxious and start relesing energy in bad ways like aggression, chewing, barking, jumping and other bad habits, a tired dog is a good dog (this dosent mean run them till they fall over but they really need an outlit for that energy) If you are easily intimidated you really shouldnt have a bully breed, they need a firm, kind, CONSISTANT knowledgable owner, and lots of socialization early on so they dont become animal/people aggressive. Watch the dog whisper (ceaser millan) he is amaizng with bully breed and dogs in general. Wait to get another dog until you have this one grown and well trained, one dog is enough responsiblity especially a puppy, make sure you can handle it! Good luck and I dont want to be discouraging just there are so many people that want a pitbull and end up with a wild animal becuase they dont know how to handle them.
Bentley

Thank You very much for the advise. I have also heard similar things from others.
chicochay
Contact Me
i agree definately let your puppy grow up first . wait until he is at minimum 2yrs old but probably 3. UNLESS you adopt an adult pitty that has gone thru the adolesant stages. you also may not realize that walking both dogs at the same time may not be possible and going out in public will be harder to do with two. The only way to properly socialize a pitty is to take them EVERYWHERE! I have 2 pit bulls and a foster pitty as well as a standard poodle and a chihuahua and chichon. yes they are high energy but they are also couch potatoes and great cuddlers too. so for the 3 i have they are way more laid back than a bull terrier or american bull dog . MAKE SURE you get a well bred one that has NO FEAR OR ANXIETY issues. a pit bull should be friendly confident and eager. no one should be a stranger to them. they truely are the best dog i have ever had with kids and all people but they need alot of training and taught to have self control is a must but not as hard as you think just a "way of living" you must apply daily wiht them and it pays off huge when you really need it!

Page: 1
About | Contact | Help | Donate | Links
Advertising | Website Design

©2007-2024 designermixes.org
Terms & Conditions | Privacy | Scams

Sites We Love:
PetFinder | Rabies Challenge Fund