Help Stop Puppy Mills   |   PetFinder   |   Rabies Challenge Fund   |   Dog Training Software   |   QR Code Dog Tags   |   Dog Breed DNA Testing
Discussions > Breed Specific > Maltipoo > [red]Likes to lick[/red]

[red]Likes to lick[/red]

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3
Post ReplyActive Topics | New Topic
Author  Topic
hellokitty
Contact Me
[font=Lucida Console][:p][purple]Hello everyone, I am a "foster owner" of a female, 3 year old. I would like to know if it is normal for her to always be licking. It even seems like she has licked some of the color off of her nose because she is constantly licking. Is this normal or what? [/purple][/font=Lucida Console]

michdwy
Contact Me
[:)]I have had quite a long experience with dogs of many breeds. They do differ in the amount they lick, all do it quite a bit,and others seem to do it virtually all their spare time. A lot seem to concentrate on the unmentionable parts, which is for hygiene purposes,one hopes, others, particularly my greyhound cross lurchers spend lots of time licking their feet. Sometimes it is because of an injury caused hunting over difficult terrain at very high speeds, and their feet are obviously delicate but need to be in top condition for their activity. I don't really think that licking the nose will cause a change of colour. I think it is more likely that this is just a normal change as the dog grows up. Personally I wouldn't worry about it at all. I would just put it down as a habit. If you are really concerned I should just ask the vet on your next visit.
hellokitty
Contact Me
[teal][font=Tahoma]Thank you for responding to my question. It is a great help knowing that it's just a habit. Although it can be annoying at times, especially when she's laying on you and then all of a sudden she just starts licking your arms, toes (gross!) legs and mostly in the face. It's like she is aiming for your mouth when you start to talk. We've just learned to tolerate it and at the same time we are trying to teach her not to. When we tell her "NO" she just starts to lick the air. Gotta love her though!! [/font=Tahoma][/teal]
sherrievice
Contact Me
My Maltipoo licks all day every day as well. It's funny you mention the mark on the nose because Precious has that too but I didn't really even associate it with all of the licking. Have you ever yawned when she/he was on you? My fiancé has had a nice mouthful of Precious a few times! LOL. I think she licks his tongue! Alas, she is fantastic and has a plethora of strange and crazy quirks that sometimes make me think she isn't even a dog. She sure doesn't think so!

Page: 1
About | Contact | Help | Donate | Links
Advertising | Website Design

©2007-2024 designermixes.org
Terms & Conditions | Privacy | Scams

Sites We Love:
PetFinder | Rabies Challenge Fund