Help Stop Puppy Mills   |   PetFinder   |   Rabies Challenge Fund   |   Dog Training Software   |   QR Code Dog Tags   |   Dog Breed DNA Testing
Discussions > General Topics > General Discussions > May

May

Replies: 1 - 9 of 9
Post ReplyActive Topics | New Topic
Author  Topic
emgerber
Contact Me
May is Responsible Owner Month. What does this mean to you?

emgerber
Contact Me
May is also World Lyme Disease Month!
corky95621
Contact Me
yea that is because ticks start to get REALLY bad in may. we have had quite a few dogs come in that have been covered in ticks without the owners knowing.....i dont see how someone can walk their dog around parks and NOT check them for ticks afterwards....ugh! makes me upset
emgerber
Contact Me
Well I think that come right with responsible ownership. I think some dog owners have dogs as trophies. You bring them down when you want and put them away when you are busy. I want my dog to be in top health so I do all the checks necessary. I also take my dog in once a year for a yearly physical. I believe allot of dog problems are preventable if you stay on top of stuff. How is Sookie doing?
corky95621
Contact Me
Sookie is doing fantastic. Still active and wanting to play all the time. Although having trouble with her poo eating. NEVER had a dog that ate poop before and never thought i'd be having this issue. ive always seen people struggle with dogs that ate poop and now that i have one i feel their pain lol. having to really watch her weight because of her leg she cant get any fatter although i keep catching my mom feeding her people food and i yell at her everytime but she doesnt get it she keeps doing it. will just have to stop bringing my dog around her.
emgerber
Contact Me
Glad to hear Sookie is doing well. I have a friend with a Lab that is a poo eater. Well let me clarify. She eats anything she can get into her mouth. It is a huge challenge. So Sookie 's leg is okay. Well maybe I should say not giving her any problems. I was just  thinking about Sookie and you other day.
corky95621
Contact Me
yes things are going ok. had to rush my moms dog to the vet the other day.  we took the dogs out in the field to play and right when spackle hit the lawn she started ravaging the grass like she was a crazed dog. wouldnt stop eating the grass even when we called to her or threw the ball for her. then all of a sudden she started choking and wheezing and was VERY uncomfortable. we ran to her side to comfort her and she clung to my mom for help. so we rushed her to the vet cuz she was having trouble breething. vet called it "weed ravaging" spackle had gotten grass wrapped around her tonsils and because she was trying to force it out it got lodged in her nose as well. vet listened to her heart and lungs and heard a raspy gurggling sound. he took a look down her throat and it was super swollen and red so he gave her two shots one in each hind leg and she started feeling better almost immediately. she came home drank water finally and went to bed like the vet said she would. was a real scare for us. but now when we take them out into the grass to play we really have to watch her. vet said that they tend to weed ravage in the spring time.
emgerber
Contact Me
Oh Courtney what a scare. I am glad Spackle is okay. I have not heard of Weed Ravage but I am going to do some searching and find out more just for my own knowledge and piece of mind.
How is Sookie doing? Khia is doing great. We are working on some new skills and having lots of fun. Enjoy your weekend!
corky95621
Contact Me
sookie is doing good. been having to keep the garbage can under the sink cuz she started getting into it lately. she has been really acting out lately and im not sure why. yesterday i left for like 15 minutes and when i came back she had eating a WHOLE taco that i had thrown away from taco bell plus she ate and shredded two corndog sticks and a pen that was left on the coffee table. maybe because we are not playing fetch for 2 hours like we used to she is getting upset about it. i gotta walk her more since she cant do extreme workouts. hopefully i can figure something out to keep her happy LOL
emgerber
Contact Me
Puppies and Dogs sure do send us messages in the most interesting ways. I think it is their way of keep us on our toes. You must expect the unexpected. I am glad to hear Sookie is doing well.

Page: 1
About | Contact | Help | Donate | Links
Advertising | Website Design

©2007-2024 designermixes.org
Terms & Conditions | Privacy | Scams

Sites We Love:
PetFinder | Rabies Challenge Fund