Help Stop Puppy Mills   |   PetFinder   |   Rabies Challenge Fund   |   Dog Training Software   |   QR Code Dog Tags   |   Dog Breed DNA Testing
Discussions > General Topics > Q & A > Would like suggestions....

Would like suggestions....

  Replies: 1 - 3 of 3
Post ReplyActive Topics | New Topic
Author  Topic
Contact Me
I have a chi male and a chipoo female. I do not breed any dog intentionally, however, I was keeping this particular female to breed but not until she was 2 years old. My dilema....Angelbaby went into her first heat and I kept her crated away from my male as she was going nuts trying to get at her. I took every precaution except one. I left my teenage stepdaughter at home with them one day for a couple of hours and with strict instructions, she let them out together and then called and said "I think they got stuck"....After the initial panic and anger, I calmed down as there was nothing I could do then obviously. Well, Angelbaby is only 9 months, almost 10 and this is the worst possible thing in my opinion because she is not even fully grown yet, bones and mind....I separated them once again however the damage had been done. This was 4 weeks ago. She is pregnant and all is ok now, but I'm wondering if anyone else has ever had this occur so young in a toy poodle/chi mix dog? Chi's usually have birthing issues anyway due to thier size, and this is making me sick with worry. Although there will be a vet on call, I have experience in breeding, but that does not stop me from being terrified. Never has this occurred before and it will never again, but how do I deal with all the scarey what if's???? Thanks for any suggestions. [V]

Contact Me
I am not sure what to say. I have no experience breeding but I do own two Chipoos and I would be devastated if anything ever happened to them. I will keep my fingers crossed for you in hopes that everything turnes out okay. Let us know how things go. I will be eagerly waiting to hear that she is okay. Best of Luck...
Contact Me
Thanks you sands904...Yes, I am devastated but hopeful that all will go well....She has a vet on call 24/7...I was just wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen and if so what did they do..I am more worried about her not being full grown and knowing what to do. My vet says her instincts will kick in but he is mainly watching her weight gain, size of the puppies and her overall behaviour for the next few weeks. I'll let you know.

i have no idea what to do but if it was me i would make sure that she has very easy living like haveing food for her 24/7 good luck!

Page: 1
About | Contact | Help | Donate | Links
Advertising | Website Design

Terms & Conditions | Privacy | Scams

Sites We Love:
PetFinder | Rabies Challenge Fund